Monday, July 19, 2010

Breadmaking


I stumbled upon a bread maker and what a pleasant surprise it was!! This was my first loaf of bread. I made french bread and let me tell you I was impressed! It was sooo yummy! I decided, if I can make my own bread, think of how much money that saves!! And of how much plastic is being saved! I am stoked! This way I know that it is organic and I know exactly what is being put in my bread! No preservatives no pesticides!


Here is the recipe:

1 1/2 teaspoons of dry yeast
2 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon shortening or butter
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon of warm water

Add in gredients as listed into machine or bowl.
Either machine does this for you or you can do this:
knead 10 min
rise 5 min
second knead 15 min
second rise 20 min
loaf shaping
final rise 55 min
bake 37 min
cool 1 hour

And then you enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. What temp. do you bake at? I'm interested in trying this...although it probably won't turn out as deliciously as your's did. Haha. I was seriously impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look at the manual for temps, it just does it's thing, so let me check it out!

    ReplyDelete