Thursday, July 29, 2010

Accepting.

It's a harsh reality to know that most people don't even care about the earth. It's sad that they aren't thankful of what it gives. But that's why we are here, we are here to make up for that. I do everything I can to save what's left of our precious earth. I came across this and it made me think:

     Studies show that organic produce actually tastes better, but there are other reasons for it as well. If all Americans would buy just 10% organic foods, 98 million daily servings of drinking water would be free of pesticides, 20 million daily servings of milk would be produced without antibiotics and growth hormones, 53 million servings of fruits and vegetables would be free of synthetic pesticide resides (that's enough for 10 million kids to get their five-a-day) and it would eliminate the need for almost 3 billion barrels of imported oil annually (that's equal to 406,000 Olympic swimming pools).


  Start by buying even just 2% organic and work your way up from there.

I think even the littlest things we do make a big difference. So even if your poor like me, you can still do your part!

Is this not worth saving?

No comments:

Post a Comment