Thursday, March 10, 2011

Things we do for preschool!

I'd like to compile a list of stuff I do as a pre preschool learning, for everyone. I thought they were good ideas to get you started! My daughter is only 3 1/2 and these things are age appropriate!

We got a preschool book and do a couple pages every day.
We color in coloring book, talking about colors.
We cut and glue shapes in the book we are making together.
We count jelly beans, crackers ect... for snack.
We do puzzles together.
We practice writing our letters, big and small.
We learned how to play tic tac toe!
We look for stickers that relate to what we are doing.
We read books together and I point out the words to her.
We have flash cards with one word and a picture, so we can learn reading.
We plan to make a book about fruits and veggies, even though she already knows them, I want her learn      what the seeds look like, my nature teachings will not stop when school starts.

Thats all I can think of for now, if I can come up with more stuff I will make a second post :) Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Here's an idea, print a picture your child likes, have them follow directions to color it appropriatly, then let them help you glue it to cardboard then make a puzzle out of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes!!!! i love seeing a parent take interest in their child's learning and developing. I LOVE that you are teaching her through daily life experiences and play. If you ever want more ideas let me know, I love sharing ideas. But you are doing such a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete