Thursday, January 27, 2011

Buying in bulk:

I have decided that it is time to head off whole foods and buy in bulk. The things I am seeking out are, oatmeal, rice, different beans, different nuts/seeds, coffee, dried fruit. This is just a starter list. It is far cheaper to buy bulk, no name brands that are organic. A lot of these things can keep in the freezer for up to a year. I know that bulking up on items like the staples saves us a lot of money and leaves us able to buy fresher foods with our monthly allotment. Not to mention this will be very helpful with a newborn around!

2 comments:

  1. That is my absolute favorite part about Whole Foods :) I always go straight to the bulk aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I told jake I can't think of any where else that sort of bulk buying is possible. Places like costco have pre packaged junk, I'd rather pour it for myself :)

    ReplyDelete