Sunday, January 16, 2011

Black bean taco's

Two thumbs up! My husband loves them too!

Reasons why this works for us:

1. Meat is more expesnsive, although sometimes it's ok.
2. It's healthier.
3. It tastes good.
4. It's better for you.


Recipe:

Canned black beans
taco seasoning (I made my own)
taco shells
avocado
onion
tomato
sour cream
romaine lettuce
Shredded cheese


Just drain most of the liquid off the beans, leaving a little. Mix in taco seasoning and heat until warm/hot.
Make avocado salsa using onion and tomato with a splash of lime.

Layer into taco and chow down!

5 comments:

  1. These sound yummy! We make black bean burritos often, but never thought of tacos. Thanks for sharing as well as stopping by for a visit.

    Blessings, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! I am happy to share the things I love :) Hope you give them a try, I think you'll be surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that the leftovers make a great salad with a splash of ranch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are my favorite! I eat bean-tacos at least once a week now. I love them with kidney beans too. And there's tons of ways that you can spice up the beans to make them even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I am so glad you like them! I am enjoying them as a snack! LOL I also will be making a minestrone soup in the crock pot, I think you'll like that!

    ReplyDelete