Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pita pizzas!!

So going on a gallbladder diet, to me is just a step further into eating healthier. I also have to remember to get my growing baby enough nutrients as well as my daughter. So while I have to obtain a lower fat diet, my daughter (3 1/2) must have a higher fat diet. Cooking for so many different needs can be tough, but it's a challenge that I embrace.

I made my daughter an alfredo pita pizza:
With leftover alfredo sauce, parmesan cheese, tomatoes and shredded cheese. Bake at 400 for 10 min. She picked and topped her own pizza.

I made myself a Pesto mushroom pita pizza:

I used pesto as sauce, just a thin layer, topped with: chopped mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, parmesan and shredded cheese. Cook the same way. It was nutritious and delicious. My daughter rather liked the mini pizza too!

I love a good challenge! Enjoy this simple, 20 min throw together meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment