Sunday, October 3, 2010

Being pregnant!

While on the path to becoming a green family, you run into roadblocks. And yes I have definately hit a roadblock. When you imagine being pregnant you see yourself eating right, excersising, preparing in general for the arrival of baby! At least that was the plan. The next thing you know your pregnant and puking, anything you love to eat is totally revolting and the smell of just about anything sends you running to the bathroom. At this point in time anything that sounds good will be the only thing you can keep down, "at least it's something" you think. And while doctors agree that when having nausea that anything you eat (disregarding sweets) is ok for now until it subsides. So you tell yourself "it's ok" over and over. Weeks later you start to wonder, " this can't be good". When will it ever end?

It finally starts to go away you feel better about being able to eat a salad again. And this is where I am now. It's like starting all over, as far as eating right goes, and the excersise... well that will be even more of a work in progress.

So right now with small boughts of nausea, I can finally start eating better for me, my baby, and my family! I will post some new recipes soon :) Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for being pregnant!! I'm soo excited. Poo for being sick, but I'm glad you're able to eat some stuff. Try drinking Camomile tea, I've heard its great for the tummy. And its cozy too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete